I don't know why it took me this long (well, I do, it's because I had company for three months) but I finally made it to our new library to check things out. Libraries make me feel more at home. I love books and especially children's literature with a passion.
I asked at the counter about getting a library card, assuming I wouldn't be able to get one that day. I was right, I needed two forms of things that had my name and address on them like utility bills etc. Oh, but your children don't need ID, they can get library cards today. They can? Yes, here, just fill out the forms.
So I filled out the forms, one for Rebecca and one for Joseph. I brought the completed forms back to the counter, leaving my children in the play area of the library where I could observe them easily. The man helping me said, the children need to write their own name on their cards. Okay, I say and go back to get my children. I drag Joseph kicking and screaming to the counter where the man looks at me and says: "I guess he doesn't need to write his own name." I put Joseph down and he runs back to the play area while Rebecca writes her name.
So I can't get a library card without forms showing that I really live where I say I do, but my kids can get them without any proof of anything whatsoever? I don't get it. But, I think I'll stick to using my kids library cards anyway. The fines are cheaper.
Mar 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I blog:
About Me
- Greek Goddess
- I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.
4 comments:
Nice! Way to go sis.
This story is hilarious. I guess your kids just look a lot more honest than you do :).
This is Luke BTW.
That's so funny! I know it's always a hassle to get a library card - but thanks for the tip!
I always feel more at home when I'm familiar with my new library. I spend so much time there, I love all the storytimes, and you can't beat the free books and movies! My kids couldn't get library cards until I got mine . . . with the 2 forms of proof of address.
Post a Comment