Mar 7, 2011

Goodbye, Grandma Darlene






In the middle of February, in the middle of all sorts of other things going on in our life, it was time for my Grandma Darlene to move to Arizona after 50 years in California. It was an emotional change for me. She has never been further than an hour away for all the time I've lived in America (minus BYU years). We've been through her ups and downs, my ups and downs and borne each other's burdens. She has enjoyed watching my kids grow and has been there for school awards, ballet performances, baby blessings etc. when neither set of grandparents could be there due to distance. So she has been the one grandparent (even though she's a great) that has always been here. It is good timing for her to go, but we will miss her.

1 comment:

Kjelstrom Family said...

I am so glad you have had such a close relationship with her! What a treat! I don't like good-byes, but it's always good to treasure the times you've shared. How neat!

About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.