Feb 10, 2010

Wedding time



A big event for us in January was the marriage of Warren's best friend from high school, Andy, to his bride, Lubna. It was held at a magnificent church on the San Diego campus, with a reception at a fancy hotel on Coronado island afterwards. The service was a beautiful Catholic service with all sorts of nice music (I was really impressed by the man who led us in song-fabulous voice). The kids were well behaved, even though it took energy to keep them quiet.



Rebecca had a blast dancing at the reception. She became fast friends with all the other little kids at the party. Joseph was too shy to dance on the dance floor, but would let loose outside on the patio. The reception even had a Bavarian dance troop perform, complete with Alpenhorn blowers. It was a good day and we wish Andy and Lubna the very best for their life together.





The kids at their first super fancy dining experience.





After the bridal bouquet was caught by a little 4 year old girl, Rebecca had no qualms asking the bride if there was a bouquet she could have. She received a bride's maid bouquet. Ahh, the innocence of youth.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.