We were at a rehearsal this morning for a show our Stake is putting on next week as part of it's 50th anniversary celebrations. Every ward is doing a skit. I left Rebecca watching the rehearsal while I went to look at our costume options in another room. I didn't tell her where we were and she gets really scarred if she suddenly can't find us so I thought I better check on her and make sure she knows where we were.
She wasn't where I had left her. I started searching, looking and listening for kids playing in a foyer or hallway somewhere. I couldn't find her. I went back to where I left her and double checked. Still no Rebecca. I started mildly panicking. I started running around a little more frantically. You know how Stake Centers are, doors all over the place, nooks and crannies everywhere. I figured she was somewhere but the paranoid thoughts started coming through my mind: What if someone took off with her?
I went back into the cultural hall where I had left her and was about to ask someone in the audience if they had seen a little girl and where she had gone. The music started so I naturally looked up to the stage and there comes Rebecca, marching out onto the stage waving the American flag, trying to copy the only other performer in the number! She had been recruited. I laughed so hard.
Performing... I guess it's in her blood.
Apr 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I blog:
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(105)
-
▼
April
(18)
- No good deed goes unpunished!
- The Roaring 20's
- Disneyland with old friends
- My Little Helper
- Self Portrait
- Happy Birthday Warren!
- Oh where, oh where has my daughter gone?
- Bedtime stories with Dr. Seuss
- A quick visit to LA
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Saturday with friends
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Discovery Science Center
- Time warp
- Conference Weekend
- A perfect party for a perfect 2 year old
- 9-1-1...remembering two years ago
- FHE and chocolate chips for lunch
-
▼
April
(18)
About Me
- Greek Goddess
- I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.
2 comments:
Oh gosh, I would have been frantic. I'm so glad it worked out ok!!
Scary when it happens, but what a great place to find her.
Post a Comment