Oct 15, 2010

R7

Dear Rebecca,

I couldn't be happier when I think back to the day you were born 7 years ago. It was one of the most special days of my life. I had always hoped to start with a girl, and I got my sweet little girl!

You have grown up so much in the last year. Reading, writing, piano, helping with the boys, doing homework on your own and on and on. I am in awe of you. You are an amazing girl. You are so much fun. You have the most amazing imagination. You are kind to your brothers and other little children. You are a great story teller and fantastic story reader. You use such great inflection in your voice when you read-you are dramatic and that makes it very interesting.



You miss your Great-grandpa Ralph and talk about him a lot, even though it has almost been 2 years since he left this life.



You are incredibly caring and forgiving. I love how easily you forgive. Much better than your own momma.



You loved your thumb, but this last year you gave it up completely and are thumb free now! I was impressed by your determination.



You feel things deeply.



Rebecca on her 1st birthday.



Rebecca 2 years old in Germany.



You've always made the silliest faces without any prompting from me. You are so funny!





You are my sweet, adorable princess. Even if we are slowly leaving the "Disney princesses behind" (not completely, but we are slowly moving on...) you will always be MY princess.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!

Thank you for coming to ME. I will forever be grateful for you.

I love you and can't imagine life without you.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

HAPPY HAPPY DAY SWEET GIRL!!!

ps. Did your hair have red in it my dear GG? Because... DANG that is hot.

Rozanne said...

Where does the time go? I still remember you coming to look at Lauren in her infant seat after she was born . . . you were SO ready to have your little girl. Lauren will still talk about Rebecca sometimes. We have a picture of them at a trunk or treat -- a clown and ladybug. 7 years old. Sheesh.

About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.