Nov 12, 2009

The best job

Rebecca: Mom, when you were a little girl did you ever want to be an astronaut?

Me: Yes, I did.

R: I think that would be fun, too. At school they have this book where they have pictures of all the things you can be when you grow up. Except they don't have everything.

Me: (thinking) I wonder what she might be talking about. I wonder what she wants to be.

R: They don't have 'Mom.' That's what I want to be the most.

There are some moments in life that truly melt your heart and make you feel like you're doing something right. I love my girl.

6 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

How blessed to have you as a Momma. I love that lovely daughter of yours. Wish mine could play along with her.

Marilyn Lewis said...

Have you been singing, "When I Grow up I want to be a mother....." to her? I love that song and love your
blog . Every time I open your blog I sing "and I will love them all day long and give them cookies and milk and yellow balloons."

Yiota said...

That's so sweet!
Sounds like someone's a very good mum.

Stopher and Nicolle said...

wow! that is amazing!

Kierstin said...

Love it. I had a similar moment. Kinderfarten graduation, they went down the line and asked each child what they wanted to be. Asia said she wanted to be a mom. Yay!! I must be doing something right!

Kierstin said...

Kindergarten.

About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.