Jun 24, 2009
Pediatric Update
Thank you everyone for your concern. Joseph is doing fine, he's just sick and grumpy with a virus, which is what caused the fever. Apparently the most recent thoughts on these kinds of seizures are that there isn't anything you can do to prevent it, even giving tylenol sooner doesn't prevent the seizure. I want to do some research on this, but it appears that the main thing is to keep the child on their side during the seizure so their airways stay clear. It is more common than I realized. I had never heard of it before, but now that I have been telling people what happened I have had several people tell me it has happened to their child or to themselves as a child. There is a chance of it occurring again now that it has happened once. Of course I am nervous about it because it was no fun to watch, but I have to trust the information I have and my instincts and go from there. This website has more extensive information if you're interested. It's just a good thing to know about if you have kids or are a caregiver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I blog:
About Me
- Greek Goddess
- I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.
2 comments:
Yikes, it sounds scary. I'm glad he's doing better now. It happened to our good friends here while they had a babysitter. By the time they got there he was being loaded into the ambulance.
I'm glad he's okay. The whole experience sounds truly terrifying! I didn't realize that fever could induce seizure either.
Post a Comment