Apr 6, 2009

A perfect party for a perfect 2 year old



For Joseph's 2nd birthday we had a perfect party. Grandma Darlene joined us for pizza, a couple presents (I put a chocolate egg in a couple of the bags just to have more things to open and make it feel more festive), ice cream cake from Trader Joe's and some free Ralph's balloons. It was great. Joseph was too shy to blow out the candles but he LOVED opening presents. He was excited no matter what it was. He just loved the idea of opening things. His perfect birthday made up for a rough day the day before where we were at the doctor for his well check up and discovered he had a fever and a full blown ear infection. Poor guy. It kind of makes you feel badly as a mom that you didn't even notice that he had a fever.





Happy Birthday Joseph!
I love you because you are cute and cuddly and fold your arms when you pray. I love how you love to read, drive your "bloom bloom," and make noises for cars and animals and "guys." I love how you say: "Why?" "Oh" and "O-kay." I love that you clap when prayers are done. I love your tender heart, your sense of humor and your kind ways. I love how well you get along with your sister. I love that you are a part of my life and heart forever.
I love you because you're mine.

2 comments:

Devon said...

Yay! Wonderful birthday!!

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday Joseph!! He is so cute! I'm glad you guys had a great day with him!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who is trying to do her best each day of her life. I laugh, cry, make mistakes, create, make messes and clean. I love life and learning and staying in touch with family and friends. Every year I get to know myself better and how best to use my own strengths and weaknesses to navigate my path.